Help us help those in most need
The purpose of this organization is to:
“Provide basic needs of food, clothing or spiritual guidance as may be appropriate during crisis situations to residents of Lee County."
Food Pantry hours:
4:00 – 6:00 pm Mondays
12 pm – 2 pm Wednesdays and Fridays
9:00-6:00pm on Mondays
9am – 1pm Tuesday-Saturday
Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
Our “Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive Day” is Saturday, May 12. This is the 26th year we have had our mailmen picking up food for our local food pantries.
CUOC is again the beneficiary this year and will be partnering with the local Postal Workers Union to collect food for Lee County.
From 2012-2017 we have collected 61,245lbs of food including last year’s 11,885lbs.
Backpack Pals/Summer Feeding Program
Assisting 15 Lee County Schools with weekend bags of food for students at risk and receiving free or reduced meal plans. Averaging 325 bags per week.
Summer Feeding is a new program partnering with the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC to provide food for students in high risk school districts needing food during the summer when Free and Reduced meal plans are not accessible to them.
Want to help? Contact us today!
During calendar year 2015, CUOCLC distributed 454,972 pounds of food to 9,126 households. Financial-pledge assistance was provided to 250 client-households totaling $25,052.69 - pledged primarily toward electric utilities and natural-gas bills. Over 369 households received free clothing and/or household items. Approximately 50 prom dresses were distributed to young women who otherwise could not have secured a prom dress.
Services Offered by CUOCLC:
· Food Pantry: Distribution of perishable and non-perishable items to supplement the nutritional needs of families in crisis.
· Thrift Shop: Where people in emergency situations can receive free clothing and other household items (items are also for sale and sale of such items help finance the other services offered by CUOCLC).
· Financial Assistance: Emergency assistance pledged toward electric bills, etc., as funds allow.
· Medical Equipment: Available equipment loaned for as long as client-need exists.
· Pastoral Care: During client hours, pastors from various ministries are present to lend a listening ear.
How Your Donations Can Help Those in Need:
1. Food Pantry program (in addition to donated foods, we purchase food from the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina @ very low rates).
2. Financial Assistance program (e.g., we frequently assist persons with electric bills that have received cut-off notices).
2885 Lee Ave
PO Box 2217
Sanford, North Carolina
FACEBOOK | EMAIL