With students in Lee County already starting back to school in the year round program the need is already apparent for what some students will require during this coming school year.
Not only are school supplies needed, but food as well.
With over 68% of Lee County students on Free or Reduced Meal programs the need for support is great.
· Food Pantry: Distribution of perishable and non-perishable items to supplement the nutritional needs of families in crisis.
· Thrift Shop: Where people in emergency situations can receive free clothing and other household items (items are also for sale and sale of such items help finance the other services offered by CUOCLC).
· Financial Assistance: Emergency assistance pledged toward electric bills, etc., as funds allow.
· Medical Equipment: Available equipment loaned for as long as client-need exists.
· Second-Chance Gowns: Prom gowns provided at no cost to girls who otherwise would not be able to afford one.
· Pastoral Care: During client hours, pastors from various ministries are present to lend a listening ear.
1. Food Pantry program (in addition to donated foods, we purchase food from the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina @ very low rates).
2. Financial Assistance program (e.g., we frequently assist persons with electric bills that have received cut-off notices).